Under limited supervision, provide clients and participants with COBRA/Direct Billing services while remaining compliant with COBRA regulations. Collateral responsibilities may include training, new case implementation, and providing direction and assigning tasks to others as appropriate. This position will require interaction with clients and participants through phone call, emails, and fax communication regarding their accounts.
- Coordinates and administers assigned case load pursuant to service level agreements and compliance requirements
- Communicate with clients, brokers, insurance carriers, TPAs and other vendors via phone and email to resolve and troubleshoot participant issues and provide clarification
- Maintain, process and update participant’s accounts including benefit change and payment allocations within P&A’s software
- Ensure participant changes are processed timely and accurately with the insurance carriers/clients
- Process open enrollments, including updating rates, benefits, carrier information, invoicing participants
- Assist and support Customer Service Department and data team with plan questions and escalated issues
- Exercise independent judgment on a limited basis related to billing and eligibility taking into consideration P&A, carrier and client guidelines
- Keeps the Group Insurance Manager fully informed on all problems or unusual matters of significance and escalates when necessary
Fast paced work environment; flexibility to work schedules as required due to changing business demands. Occasional overtime is required. The work environment is moderately sedentary and typical of general office conditions with regard to standing, sitting, walking and lifting; no adverse conditions.
An equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol-free workplace.