Third Party Administration Services & Retirement Plan Design
Employer-sponsored retirement plans are complex, requiring effective communication and accountability between the investment record-keeper and the plan’s third-party administrator (TPA). P&A Retirement Plan Services provides complete administration and testing services, and we work with a variety of third-party record-keepers. Our administrative staff is currently certified by The American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) with certifications that include Plan Administrator 1 (PA1), Plan Administrator 2 (PA2), Daily valuation 1 (DV1), and Daily Valuation 2 (DV2). Administrators are also at various stages of completing coursework for the QKA and QPA designations through ASPPA.
P&A Retirement Plan Services provides complete administration and testing services, and we work with all of the leading third-party recordkeepers including, American Funds, Empower, Transamerica, ING, Principal and Nationwide.
Our TPA services include:
- Expert plan design
- Document preparation and maintenance to keep the plan compliant with changing regulations
- Interpretation of plan documents to perform services in accordance with the document provisions
- Performing all required discrimination tests including 410(b), Top Heavy, ACP, Qualification, Ratio and Percentage Benefit tests, 415 Limits and aggregate tests (as applicable)
- Preparing the annual report and signature-ready 5500 in accordance with IRS regulations
- Preparing the annual 1099-R, 1096 and 945 forms
- Enhanced IRS or Department of Labor audit preparation and representation
- Processing all distributions (loans, hardships, terminations, etc).
Guidance & Support
Navigating today’s frequently changing and increasingly complex legal and fiduciary compliance landscape can be a nightmare, but it doesn’t have to be. When you partner with P&A’s Retirement Plan Services, you’ll be at ease knowing our in-house ERISA guidance is here to support you.