Title: Business Analyst
Department: Project Management
The Business Analyst's role is to research, recommend and assist in the design of business processes and applications for administrative, financial, and operation systems critical to core organizational functions. This includes researching and analyzing data in support of business functions, process knowledge, and systems requirements.
The Business Analyst is also responsible for proactively generating and compiling reports based on his or her findings, complete with recommended improvements to - or new requirements for - business processes and operational procedures.
This individual will apply proven communication, analytical, and problem-solving skills to help maximize the benefit of IT system investments and to assist in implementing new applications. The Business Analyst may be asked to assist IT Management with other IT projects not related to normal Business Analyst duties.
- Work with P&A staff and clients to develop processes, procedures and software to support company goals
- Analyze business processes, communicate and document recommended improvements to management, end users and system programmers
- Ability to perform quality control functions dealing with software development and business processes
- Create process flow charts
- Create project scope statements
- Create project time and cost estimates
- Write and maintain process and system documentation
- Analyze data and trends
- Ability to analyze SQL database structures
- Bachelors of Science degree or equivalent experience
- 5-10 years working in an IT environment