The Systems & Network Administrator is responsible for assisting in the day-to-day operation of the organization’s computer networks. The position assists in the installation and support of the organization’s computer systems, including local area networks (LANs), wide area networks (WANs), network segments, intranets, and other data communication systems. The position also assists in software and hardware maintenance and will help diagnose any issues that are reported from the user group.
- Assists in determining what the organization needs in a network and computer system before building it out
- Assists with the installation of all network hardware and software, as well as necessary systems upgrades and repairs
- Helps maintain network and computer system security and ensure that all systems are operating correctly
- Collects and analyzes data to evaluate network/systems performance and help make the system work better, faster, and with greater accuracy
- Identifies and implements system improvements where needed
- Prepares training materials and trains users in the proper use of hardware and software when necessary