Title: Software Developer
Department: Software Development
The Software Developer function is responsible for building software using languages and technologies of the .NET framework. A key success factor is the ability to collaborate with internal teams and end users to gather and analyze business requirements, utilize the knowledge gained to design, develop and create software applications, configure existing systems and provide user support. Exceptional communication skills with an intuitive ability to ask the right questions is critical to the success of this role.
Effective performance of all duties and responsibilities of the position will ensure accurate and timely completion of required tasks.
- Collaborate with internal teams/end-users to participate in requirements analysis and information gathering
- Collaborate with internal teams to produce software design and architecture
- Write clean, scalable code using .NET and other programming languages
- Test and deploy applications and systems
- Revise, update, refactor and debug code
- Improve existing software
- Develop documentation throughout the software development life cycle (SDLC)
- Serve as an expert on applications and provide technical support
- Willingness to learn and adapt to new development techniques and technologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or similar field and/or Equivalent Work Experience
- Minimum of three (3) years’ experience as a Software Developer or Application Developer
- Experience working with end users as Business Analyst
- Proven experience with the ASP.NET framework, SQL Server and design/architectural patterns
- Familiarity with architecture styles/APIs (REST)
- Strong understanding of Agile methodologies
- Consistently demonstrate outstanding troubleshooting and communication skills
- Solid oral and written communication skills with ability to convey one’s message with diplomacy and tact
- Demonstrated ability to effectively interact, present information, and respond to questions from customers and all levels end users, colleagues and management
- Ability to effectively manage multiple priorities utilizing effective organizational and time management practices
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment with critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Working knowledge of Jira is a plus
Fast paced work environment; flexibility to work schedules as required due to changing business demands. Occasional overtime is required. The work environment is moderately sedentary and typical of general office conditions with regard to standing, sitting, walking and lifting; no adverse conditions.
An equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol-free workplace.