The Senior Software Developer is responsible for taking the lead on building software using languages and technologies of the .NET framework. A key success factor is the ability to collaborate with internal teams and end users to gather and analyze business requirements, utilize the knowledge gained to design, develop and create software applications, configure existing systems and provide user support. Exceptional communication skills with an intuitive ability to ask the right questions is critical to the success of this role.
Effective performance of all duties and responsibilities of the position will assure accurate and timely completion of required tasks and compliance with required timelines.
- Develop high-quality software design and architecture.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute tasks in the software development life cycle.
- Develop tools and applications by producing clean, efficient code.
- Automate tasks through appropriate tools and scripting.
- Review and debug code.
- Perform validation and verification testing.
- Collaborate with internal teams and vendors to fix and improve products.
- Document development phases and monitor systems.
- Ensure software is up to date with latest technologies.
- Improve operations by conducting systems analysis, recommending changes in technology, policies, and procedures.
- Mentor junior and mid-level engineers by providing advice and coaching.
- Assist with hiring by helping interview new developer and QA candidates.
- Update job knowledge by studying development tools, programming techniques and computing equipment; participating in learning and educational opportunities.
- Completes any additional assignments as requested by the executive/management team members
- Provide mentoring/support of team and/or identify/deliver training for team
- Ad-Hoc reporting, analysis and presentations as required
Completes any additional assignments and projects as requested by management.
This job description is designed to cover a general list of responsibilities and expectations for this role and does not contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the role. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without advance notice.