Retirement Plan Assistant
Title: Retirement Plan Assistant
The Administrative Assistant works under limited supervision and is responsible for assisting the Department Administrators by performing semi-complex administrative duties, customer service, and data entry related to retirement plan administration to maximize efficiencies and ensure compliance resulting total Customer/Client satisfaction.
Effective performance of all duties and responsibilities of the position will assure accurate and timely completion of required tasks and compliance with required timelines.
- Process daily receipts to ensure accurate and timely deposits with funding provider, paying special attention to detail with regard to case specifications
- Prepare various types of spreadsheets for client or internal deposit processing
- Process electronic withdrawals, paying special attention to government regulations and written instructions in a timely and accurate manner
- Determine clients’ open enrollment period per plan specifications and prepare emails with instructions for enrollments
- Customer Service: Provide extraordinary customer service to plan participants and contacts through the dedicated telephone line making note of all plan provisions with attention to any special requirements in a timely, accurate and courteous manner
- Prepare and mail distribution kits by utilizing recordkeeping programs in compliance with departmental procedures in a timely and accurate manner
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 Years in administrative/clerical environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills with ability to convey one’s message in appropriate manner (grammar, professionalism) with diplomacy and tact
- Strong and thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Word to include mail merges, printing labels and envelopes, creating tables, formatting text and page setup options. Experience with Microsoft Excel to include basic addition/subtraction formulas and cell formatting (dates, numbers, and currency).
- Strong understanding of accounting/bookkeeping principles and/or concepts
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities utilizing effective organizational and time management practices
- Strong initiative with demonstrated ability to work independently in an environment with critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to recognize need for escalation to appropriate Administrator/Department Manager