Under limited supervision, the Retirement Benefits Analyst II position is responsible for complex plan administration related to defined contribution pension plans such as 401(k), profit sharing, money purchase pension plans, 403(b), Davis-Bacon, etc. to maximize quality, quantity, cost-effectiveness, profitability, and total customer/client satisfaction.
Effective performance of all duties and responsibilities of the position will assure accurate and timely completion of required tasks and compliance with required timelines.
- Coordinates and administers assigned complex caseload to ensure optimal client/customer satisfaction through proper interpretation of the plan document and all plan provisions
- Assists in the preparation and execution of plan documents such as original and amended plan text, SPD’s ancillary policies, required notices and various spreadsheets
- Performs all necessary ADP/ACP, 415, 410(b) testing, and all other required compliance testing, paying special attention to detail
- Resolves administrative problems with clients, plan representatives and plan participants in a timely and accurate manner
- Prepares and delivers to clients all required reports, such as annual valuations, participant statements, Form 5500 reports, etc. in a timely and accurate manner
- Performs all phases of case recordkeeping, distribution, and loan procedures in accordance with the plan provisions, government regulations, and departmental procedures
- Initiates related accounting functions such as billing, reconciliation and plan funding
- Initiates and maintains records and retrieval methods that are in compliance with governmental and departmental policies
- Mentors team members and helps build their knowledge and understanding of various aspects of the role and industry
- Assists the department manager in the training of new administrators, administrative assistants, and support personnel when required
- Completes any additional assignments as requested by the executive/management team members
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established departmental procedures
- Keeps the Department Manager fully informed on all matters of significance or unusual matters that need to be escalated
Fast paced work environment; flexibility to work schedules as required due to changing business demands. Occasional overtime is required. The work environment is moderately sedentary and typical of general office conditions with regard to standing, sitting, walking and lifting; no adverse conditions.
An equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Completes any additional assignments and projects as requested by management.
This job description is designed to cover a general list of responsibilities and expectations for this role and does not contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the role. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without advance notice.