Retirement Benefits Analyst ITitle: Retirement Benefits Analyst I
The Retirement Benefits Analyst I position is responsible for performing complex administrative duties related to defined contribution pension plans such as 401(k), profit sharing, money purchase pension plans, 403(b), Davis-Bacon, etc. to maximize quality, quantity, cost-effectiveness, profitability and total Customer/Client satisfaction.
Effective performance of all duties and responsibilities of the position will assure accurate and timely completion of required tasks and compliance with required timelines.
- Coordinates and administers assigned case-load to ensure optimal client/customer satisfaction through proper interpretation of the plan document and all plan provisions;
- Prepare various types of spreadsheets for client review;
- Perform all necessary ADP/ACP, 415, 410(b) testing, and all other required compliance testing, paying special attention to detail;
- Resolve administrative problems with clients, plan representatives and plan participants in a timely and accurate manner;
- Prepare and deliver to client all required reports, such as annual valuations, participant statements, Form 5500 reports, etc. in a timely and accurate manner;
- Work with all other areas of the company in a professional and timely manner;
- Perform all phases of case recordkeeping, distribution, and loan procedures in accordance with the plan provisions, government regulations, and departmental procedures;
- Assist with related accounting functions such as billing;
- Initiate and maintain records and retrieval methods that are in compliance with governmental and departmental policies
- Completes any additional assignments as requested by the executive/management team members
- Performs all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established departmental procedures
- Keeps the Department Manager fully informed on all matters of significance or unusual matters that need to be escalated
- Associate’s Degree and/or equivalent work experience required
- 1-3 Years in administrative/clerical/customer orientated environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills with ability to convey one’s message with diplomacy and tact
- Strong and thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Word to include mail merges, printing labels and envelopes, creating tables, how to format text and page setup options. Experience with Microsoft Excel to include basic addition and subtraction formulas, and how to format cells in Excel so data is displayed correctly (dates, numbers, and currency)
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities utilizing effective organizational and time management practices
- Strong initiative with demonstrated ability to work independently in an environment with critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Comfort working in a results driven team environment
No travel is required for this role.
Fast paced work environment; flexibility to occasional work overtime as required due to changing business demands. The work environment is moderately sedentary and typical of general office conditions with regard to standing, sitting, walking; no adverse conditions.
An equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Completes any additional assignments and projects as requested by management.
This job description is designed to cover a general list of responsibilities and expectations for this role and does not contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the role. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without advance notice.