The General Counsel is responsible for assuring P&A’s adherence to applicable laws, regulations and governmental guidance regarding the meaning and implementation of same; and providing legal advice to P&A sales and administrative personnel in furtherance of client business and to P&A management in regards to the various legal aspects of the company’s business operations.
Effective performance of all duties and responsibilities of the position will assure accurate and timely completion of required tasks and compliance with required timelines.
- Researches and provides timely and accurate analyses of current legislative initiatives and regulations.
- Draft, review, and maintain a variety of prototype and custom plan documents, Summary Plan Descriptions, and Plan Amendments for tax-advantaged employee benefit plans such as, but not limited to:
- Section 125
- Section 105(h) plans
- Draft, review, and maintain a variety of service-level agreements between P&A and its clients with respect to various lines of service including:
- administrative of flexible spending account and premium only plans, health reimbursement account arrangements (“HRA”) and health savings account programs (“HSA”)
- “Transportation Fringe Benefit Plans” (i.e., commuter benefit programs) administrative services;
- COBRA, direct billing and retiree billing services;
- Third party retirement plan compliance services for 401(k) and 403(b) plans; and
- Retirement plan daily valuation and recordkeeping services.
- Ensure administrative compliance for all products and services offered by the company.
- Supports Sales and Consulting team with business development calls and meetings as needed.
- Assist P&A personnel who have been asked to provide customized language for P&A-drafted agreements or to have P&A substitute client-generated agreements for a P&A-prepared agreement.
- Provide overall corporate legal guidance to P&A executive and management teams as needed.
- Conducts internal training on selected legislative and regulatory topics, if needed.
- Completes any additional assignments as requested by the executive/management team members
- Provide mentoring/support of team and/or identify/deliver training for team
- Ad-Hoc reporting, analysis and presentations as required
Fast-paced work environment; flexibility to work schedules as required due to changing business demands. Occasional overtime is required. The work environment is moderately sedentary and typical of general office conditions with regard to standing, sitting, walking and lifting; no adverse conditions.
An equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Completes any additional assignments and projects as requested by management.
This job description is designed to cover a general list of responsibilities and expectations for this role and does not contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the role. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without advance notice.