Administrative Assistant - Retirement Plan Services
Title: Administrative Assistant - Retirement Plan Services
The Administrative Assistant works under limited supervision and is responsible for assisting the Department Administrators by performing semi-complex administrative duties, customer service, and data entry related to retirement plan administration to maximize efficiencies and ensure compliance resulting total Customer/Client satisfaction.
Effective performance of all duties and responsibilities of the position will assure accurate and timely completion of required tasks and compliance with required timelines.
- Process daily receipts to ensure accurate and timely deposits with funding provider, paying special attention to detail with regard to case specifications
- Prepare various types of spreadsheets for client or internal deposit processing
- Process electronic withdrawals, paying special attention to government regulations and written instructions in a timely and accurate manner
- Determine clients’ open enrollment period per plan specifications and prepare emails with instructions for enrollments
- Customer Service: Provide extraordinary customer service to plan participants and contacts through the dedicated telephone line making note of all plan provisions with attention to any special requirements in a timely, accurate and courteous manner
- Prepare and mail distribution kits by utilizing recordkeeping programs in compliance with departmental procedures in a timely and accurate manner
- Completes any additional assignments as requested by the executive/management team members
- Preforms all duties and responsibilities in a timely and effective manner in accordance with established departmental procedures
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- 1-3 Years in administrative/clerical environment
- Solid oral and written communication skills with ability to convey one’s message in appropriate manner (grammar, professionalism) with diplomacy and tact
- Strong and thorough working knowledge of Microsoft Word and Excel. Experience with Microsoft Word to include mail merges, printing labels and envelopes, creating tables, formatting text and page setup options. Experience with Microsoft Excel to include basic addition/subtraction formulas and cell formatting (dates, numbers, and currency).
- Strong understanding of accounting/bookkeeping principles and/or concepts
- Proven ability to effectively manage multiple priorities utilizing effective organizational and time management practices
- Strong initiative with demonstrated ability to work independently in an environment with critical deadlines
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to recognize need for escalation to appropriate Administrator/Department Manager
No travel is required for this role
Fast paced work environment; flexibility to occasional work overtime as required due to changing business demands. The work environment is moderately sedentary and typical of general office conditions with regard to standing, sitting, walking; no adverse conditions.
An equal opportunity employer and a smoke, drug and alcohol-free workplace.
Completes any additional assignments and projects as requested by management.
This job description is designed to cover a general list of responsibilities and expectations for this role and does not contain a complete listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required for the role. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time with or without advance notice.